Tuesday 1 April 2014

It's A Small World After All! (Go ahead, and sing the song!)

Dear Everyone,
Today is transfers! I didn´t get transferred and neither did my companion. I´m super excited to still be in Palma, but this is probably my last transfer here. It will be my 4th and it´s not very common to be in an area longer than that. I can´t really think of anything excited that happened this week or anything to write about. Let´s see. Oh, the only other Canadian missionary in the zone left and I´ll be the only one. I´ve told you about Elder Hardy right? Well Elder Hardy has been serving in Manacor (a city in the east part of Mallorca) for a long time. He´s from Calgary Alberta. We also met a man here in Palma named Oliver. He´s from Lethbridge Alberta and stopped the other Elders one day because a lot of his friends have been missionaries and he wanted to know more. He´s pretty young and is trying to find work here teaching English. Elder Hardy was super excited when we told him about Oliver he said "I was born in Lethbridge!!". It´s funny how small the world is. The other day, well a few weeks ago, we contacted a Spanish man on the street. He had worked for many years on an Alaskan cruise line, living in Seattle. He said he knew Vancouver very well also and loved that part of the world. The world is just tiny. I love a lot of things about Spain. I love the food and the culture. If you want to try an amazing Spanish dish, look up how to make Tortilla de Patata or Tortilla Española. They are the same thing and it is super good. It´s available pre made in Mercadona (our supermarket) and I didn´t know that before. I just found out. I have to go buy some. I´ll try to send you all pictures when I can. For now, take care. I´ll try to be more interesting with my email next week.


Preston sighting!  I found this blog and saw photos of Preston when he was at that recent conference!  Go see the photos!
 http://spainbarcelonamission.blogspot.com/    This blog is done by the mission home itself.   I've found at least 3-4 photos of him.  Anytime they talk about the Baleares zone conferences, look for his face!

No comments:

Post a Comment