Monday 14 April 2014

Holler for Soller!

This week has been great. We had 2 baptisms this Saturday of 2 wonderful young women from Ecuador. One´s name Stefanie and the other Luisa. Oh, I will attach photos today from our trip to Sóller last week that went well. I´m very excited for Easter because here they do something special. The whole week before Easter is called "Semana Santa" which means Holy Week, and is some sort of procession or something. I don´t really know because I haven´t seen it yet, only heard about it. All I know is that a lot of people are buying dried palm leaves or something like that to throw at Christ´s feet as he comes through the city. At least that´s what my companion told me it´s for. I´ll see if I can get some pictures of that to send you all. Sorry for keeping this so short, but I don´t have a lot of time.

Love Élder Coleman
Cathedral in Soller


On our hike in Soller

The pueblo of Soller 


Elder Oliviera, Luisa, Stefanie, and me

This is the statue in the Plaza next to our apartment.  It's called  Les Enfants de Paris  (The Children of Paris).

No comments:

Post a Comment