Monday 24 March 2014

Important Life Lessons Learned: How to Fry the Perfect Egg. Check!

Dear Everyone,
This week was not super exciting. Here are a few of my experiences. First, we went to a notary to sign my powers away. Yep, the mission office called and the Registrador asked me to go sign away my power of representation. The reason for that is so that in Madrid, they can take steps to begin the renewal process of my residency card when the time comes. The cool part of that is one line of the document he gave me says that I speak Spanish. So, I guess legally I speak Spanish haha. The second thing is we went to eat at a member´s home named Maricarmen. She´s the one who brought Adela, our recent convert, into the church. She is absolutely hilarious and a really good cook. She´s from Granada, in the south of Spain. The south part of Spain, called Andalucía has a reputation much like the southern states. The people there have a heavy accent, are very friendly and open, are typically pretty religious and are known for good food. We ate tortilla de patata which has to be one of my favorite foods that I have tried from Spain, as well as frito Mallorquín, some lomo (pork chops I think) as well as bread and cheese with everything. Also, speaking of food, I have just about mastered the perfect egg. I usually buy bacon and eggs to make during the week. The first time I tried to fry an egg, it turned out pretty mangled. I mean, I knew how to fry stuff, but I hadn´t had much practice before the mission. This week however, I can get the egg fried just perfect, with the yolk still intact and runny almost every time. Oh, the reason I haven´t been able to send pictures is because the USB to SD card converter I bought in Salt Lake broke. It broke a while ago, but I have always just used Elder McMahon´s. Since he´s been gone I haven´t been able to send pictures. I´ve been looking for a converter but they seem to be nowhere. We even went to a huge BestBuy-type place and couldn´t find one anywhere. Well, I´ll keep looking because today we are going to Cap de Formentor again. It´s the big lighthouse we went to a while ago. We´re going because Elder Oliveira hasn´t been yet. I don´t mind going again because it´s literally the best and most famous view on the island. I´ll be sure to get some pictures of me this time and send them as soon as I can. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment