Monday 17 March 2014

Mini vacation: missionary style!

First off, I loved Bilbao. It has such a big city feel. Palma actually has more people, but it just feels tiny. Bilbao has a big city feel, very metropolitan and such. We arrived Tuesday night, took a bus from the airport, and got off near our hotel. It was a really nice hotel and for a while I felt like I was on vacation. I forgot my camera though, so I´ll have to get pictures from someone else to send you. We got up early the next morning, had breakfast in the hotel and then walked to the Bilbao chapel. There was a fog out in the morning that felt and smelt great. When we got to the chapel, everyone was just greeting other missionaries, but I didn´t really know anyone, being new. Then Elder Kearon arrived and talked to us. Wow, he really is a servant of the Lord. I could feel the power in the things he said. He´s a convert to the Church, and when he talked about the missionaries coming up to him on the street in London and talking to him for the first time, I could feel the love he had for them. I want to be the kind of missionary that someone can talk about with such emotion years later. After the conference we flew directly from Bilbao to Palma and it was back to work. We found this week a wonderful part member family from Ecuador. They live all the way out in Andratx, so our branch mission leader Julio graciously helps us out by driving us out there when we have visits. His testimony is really helpful too, as he is a new member himself, baptized in July. This family has 2 daughters ages 16 and 17 who are not members, but have accepted a baptismal date for the 29th of March. I am very excited for this week and all the work we have ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment