Monday 3 March 2014

6 Months Down! 18 to Go!

This week has been kind of slow. We´ve helped people move three times this week and we´ve been doing a lot of walking talking to people. I have been pretty tired. We have a great family who accepted a date for baptism on the 15 of March. I am super excited for them and I hope they can be ready by then. I have gotten a couple of emails about the Olympics, but to be honest I didn´t even know they were going on. I guess it´s because the winter Olympics are smaller, at least here. Also, everything is all about soccer "futbol" here. Everyone asks which team you support. I always say Barcelona because that´s the mission I´m in. I´ve also become a real fan of theirs as I´ve been here. I have a jersey of theirs that I got at a Nike outlet for only 24€ during Rebajas (kind of the Spanish equivalent of Black Friday or Boxing Day but for a couple weeks). Last week I went to the Cathedral of Palma and we took some great pictures, but it was closed and we couldn´t go in. I hope to be able to go in before I leave here. Oh, some news I almost forgot to mention. Next week, the mission is being visited by Elder Kearon on the Seventy. He´s in the Area Presidency of Europe and he´s going to speak to all the missionaries in the mission. He´s divided it into 2 sessions. One in Barcelona and one in Bilbao. Apparently to even out the number of missionaries in each conference, they are flying our zone to Bilbao on the 11th so we can be there to listen to Elder Kearon on the 12th. They will also probably be putting us in hotels. I am excited, as I haven´t been to Bilbao before and at the same time, I´m upset to miss 2 days of work in our area. That´s pretty much all the news I have.

Oh also, tomorrow is my 6th month mark in the mission! Wow that flew by super quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment