Thursday 12 September 2013

I MADE IT!

I finally got my P-day. My zone is assigned Thursday as our P-day, but we arrived Wednesday and the day after you arrive is Orientation stuff so we didn´t get a P-day last week. So the MTC has been an adventure. It´s way more difficult than I thought it would be, but I´m starting to get used to it. So here´s a fun story for you all. My family and I arrived at the Kelowna airport on September 4th to drop me off. I was supposed to take a 6 am flight from Kelowna to Seattle and then connect to Salt Lake. But the Seattle flight got canceled. So what Delta did was put my on a flight to Vancouver an hour later on WestJet and then a second flight to Salt Lake on Delta airlines again. Well, I got to Vancouver just fine and I found Delta airlines to get my boarding pass for the second flight. It took them like 30 minutes to transfer my ticket info and luggage from WestJet back to Delta. They finally had to manually transfer my luggage and printed me my boarding pass. But when I got to Salt Lake, I found 2 bags that looked exactly like mine, but weren´t. Anyway, long story short, I pretty much lived in one suit and one pair of underwear for 3 days. After I got my bags, it got better. It took a while to get used to all the sitting and reading and studying you do. You have two 3-hour blocks of class everyday and when you aren´t in class, you´re either eating or doing some sort of study. There is no free time to do anything. I had to skip some sort of activity just to check the front desk to see if my luggage had arrived. Also, I am no longer in the same MTC. Our whole zone got moved this Tuesday. We´re now in the MTC West campus, which is just some old student housing that BYU converted into an MTC campus and it´s only a 3 minute drive away from the old one. But our residences are way better now and we get to go shopping at Brigham´s Landing on P'days. Also, part of moving means that my mailing address isn´t the same. I don´t know what the new one is, but I´ll let you know as soon as I can. For those people who have been using DearElder, thank you so much!! It´s really nice to get those. For those who don´t know, you can go on DearElder.com and type what you want to send me and they´ll print it off and deliver it for free. If you want to do that, just use my old address, and they´ll forward it over. Now that I´ve told stories and asked for letters, I want to talk about how my learning is going. From the first day on, they only speak in Spanish in the classroom. Also, there´s a new program they introduced this year or sometime thereabouts. We have progressing investigators. There are BYU students who are return missionaries that get hired by the MTC and some get hired as investigators. So we started teaching ours on the 3rd day. And he only speaks Spanish. Well, his character does. We have a teaching record and everything. Our investigator´s name is Raul and we´ve already committed him to baptism and set a date with him. In broken Spanish, but he understood what we were saying. Also, I have to do a lot of the talking because even though I don´t know a lot, my French really helps me out and every other missonary in our district is really really really bad. But they will get better, and so will I. Oh, district. So there are 7 missionaries in our district and because of that, I am in a trio. I have 2 companions. Elder Clayson from Tooele Utah and Elder Larsen from Clifton Idaho. We got along fairly well. Our whole district is pretty close with each other. Everyone but me is going to the Mexico City South mission. I´m a little frustrated because I have to learn a completely different verb tense that nobody else does: vosotros. Anyway, that´s all I can fit in today. Hope to hear from you on DearElder, it´s free. ¡AdiĆ³s!

No comments:

Post a Comment