Monday 25 August 2014

We're all mad here!

Dear Everyone,
This week has been interesting. We have been finding a lot of interesting people. One investigator that we have on date for baptism, we just found out has schizophrenia and so we´re going to have to talk to someone about what to do now. Also another guy we stopped on the street says he sees pillars of light whenever anyone dies and that he thinks angels are aliens that bring death. Another interesting encouter of the week was when my companion and I went on a split. (We both split up and go with different members to teach lessons at the same time.) I went with Camilo, a 20 something year old recently returned missionary and we went to a lesson with a less active family the ward asked us to work with. The husband, named Rafa, was drunk out of his mind. He would tell jokes that weren´t funny at all and just die laughing. He got up to serve us food, passed gas rather loudly and then when his wife called him out on it, he blamed it on his flip flops. And to top it off, he somehow convinced me to let him put anti-inflammatory eye drops in my eyes. He works at the hospital and I found out later that he stole all the eye drops from his work. My eye was red from an encouter with a cat earlier in the day, so both him and his wife suggested I let him give me the drops. Well next thing you know, I´ve got eye drop juice all over my face and I´m crying because he put way too much in and I think I learned my lesson about being a little bit more selective about who puts stuff in my eyes.That´s about the most interesting thing that happened this week.

Élder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment