Monday 2 June 2014

Even famous people get hurt.

Dear Everyone,
Today was a pretty good preparation day. We caught a bus decently early to Salou, which is a city in the other Elders´area. We rented bikes as a district and biked along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. It was pretty fun. I got a fair amount of pictures this time. Also, on Thursday we went for a whole day to a place called Tortosa, which is super far away. It´s the same distance from here to there as from here to Barcelona. I went with Elder Jackson, who isn´t my companion, because both companionships had visits in Tarragona and neither of us could sacrifice a whole so we did splits. Our goal is to start a branch there. There are a lot of members there who don´t come because it´s super far and expensive to get to Tarragona. We met with all the members in an FHE and we think we could start a family group out there that could grow into a branch eventually. People there are really receptive too. Almost everyone we talked to out there gave us their number. Also, another cool thing that I think everyone will love is that our ward did a youtube video. It starts off with the "Gracias a Él" video from the Church that I´m sure everyone´s seen and then it has a bunch of members from the ward introducing themselves. And a bunch of missionaries too. And, I show up! Twice! They wanted me to say something in French, so I did and then I show up at the end with all the missionaries. I´m not a very good actor, but I don´t think I look bad. They wanted it to be a multi-cultural video so we have people speaking Catalan, Spanish, English, Russian, French (me) and then the bishop offers an invitation to meet us. I think it was really well done. Here is the link so you can check it out. http://youtu.be/akS9g5vG-dE 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akS9g5vG-dE&feature=youtu.be    (He's famous now!)
 Another baptism!  It's almost like South America with the number of baptisms!
 An English class activity where they wrote on their faces.  Kids will be kids!
 A cool statue in Tortosa---NOT Tortuga!  No Captain Sparrow here!  

 Yeah, that's the Mediterranean behind him.  I know, he's got it really rough!
 Bike ride!

When the bike has the last laugh!  A war wound!  So it's not all jolly holiday on the Mediterranean after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment