Monday 9 June 2014

Hey shrimp! Are you looking at ME?!

Just a little preface:  I did NOT say that he bores people with the things he says.  I DID ask for some of the details of his daily interactions, specifically anything unique, funny, weird, etc.  More specifics, less generic.  You get my drift.  I could've deleted that line from his post but I didn't.  You get the whole experience as is!  

Dear Everyone,
I hope everyone like the video. People come up to me all the time in the ward now and say "I didn´t know you spoke french". It´s also all over everyone´s facebook here which is really great. I hope people see it and it peaks their interest about who we are and what we do. This past week I ate paella for the first time. It´s pretty much the typical Spanish foods. If you ask anyone what foods are Spanish foods they will say paella and tortilla de patata. Well I´ve officially tried both now and I must say I really like it. The kind I had didn´t have shrimp in it though. The shrimp here, they eat with the head and legs still attached and everything and it just feels like it´s staring at you. My mom asked me to spice up my blog entries because I guess I bore people with the things I say. One of the ideas she gave me was to talk about weird people that we see on the street. In Spain, there are an insane amount of weird people. I see weird things every day, but I typically don´t remember everything that happened to write about it on Monday. But actually right now as I´m typing this, there is a guy next to me in the locutorio (internet cafe type place) talking to me about UFOs and how the government is covering up all the evidence. I should make a list of all the weird things I see every day for a week and send it. You´d all get a chuckle. Well, today we went to some Roman ruins. We went to an aquaduct name Pont del Diable which is Catalan for Devil´s bridge. The legend is that the builder of the aquaduct was frustrated with how long it was taking to build, so he make a deal with the devil that if he would build it for him in one night that he could have the first soul to cross over the bridge. So when it was done, he made a cat cross the bridge first and thus tricked the devil. There is a lot of history here and legends and just interesting stories. I will send you pictures next week because I don´t have my card reader with me. As for stories, I can´t really think of any more. Oh, I´m pretty excited because a recent convert who is Catalan is going to teach us Catalan everyFriday at 8 from now on, and we´re obviously going to teach him the missionary lessons, but I´m pretty excited to learn. Només parlo un miqueta ara. Well, that´s it for this week. I love you all.


Élder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment