Monday 26 January 2015

Habla Ingles?

Dear Everyone,
Well Gandía is starting to warm up. When I got here it was freezing, but it´s getting better now. My companion and I get along well enough, although it´s interesting to go all day without speaking any English. The last time I had a Spanish speaking companion was about a year ago, so it´s been a while. A lot of people here think I´m Spanish though when they first meet me. I´m not perfect or anything, but the key to making people think you speak a language perfectly is getting really good at copying the accent. If you have a good accent, it really doesn´t matter if you know a lot of fancy words. Something interesting about Gandía, there is a super famous TV show filmed here called Gandía Shore, it´s based 100% on Jersey Shore and it´s famous throughout all of Spain. Today the bishop and his wife, along with the first counselor and his wife took all 6 of us missionaries to a cool waterfall/natural pool type thing. Afterwards, we all went to some caves where the Arabs hid out during the war between Spain and the Moors (the arabs that had taken over most of Spain). It was super interesting. Well, take care everyone. Until next week.

Love Élder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment