Monday 17 November 2014

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day!

Dear Everyone,

After about a week break from the downpour, it´s back again. But it´s not dampening our spirits because things are really picking up. We´ve been going through our former investigator teaching records (the forms that missionaries make to record what they´ve taught someone) and we´re finding people that were taught a long time ago. If they look promising, we put them on a list with their address and everything and we drop by their house. We´ve seen how some people were definitely dropped by the missionaries for a reason, but some have been very open to meeting with us and we´ve found a fair amount of people to teach. This week we also had the opportunity of having something called "capacitación especializada" or "specialized training" where President and Sister Pace came and taught us. It was great to hear from them, as well as to see other missionaries from other areas in the Bilbao and Vitoria zones that I already knew. Oh and I think I mentioned that we have been teaching a Venezuelan girl English in the mornings. Well, she came to church! And she loved it. We´re super excited for her. This morning the office called me and told me I´m going to go to Barcelona on Tuesday to renew my residency now that I´ve been here for about a year. That means another 8 hour train, but they´re going to put me on a plane on the way back. I´ll tell you how that went next week. Oh also Quentin L Cook is coming to the mission. Yeah, a member of the quorum of the 12 apostles is coming to a stake conference in Lleida (a city in the mission) and then a mission conference in Barcelona where the entire mission will be attending except ours and one other. Apparently we´re too far away to make it there and back for church on Sunday. So I´m going to miss that. Last week for preparation day, we went to a store called Carrefour. I don´t know if I´ve ever talked about it before, but it is huge. It´s like twice as big as a Walmart and has almost everything you could imagine. It feels super American and I am just blown away every time I go into one, because it doesn´t feel like Europe at all. Then we walked across the street to the Nike store and I bought myself a shirt for 9 € which is super cheap. I was really lacking tshirts to play sports in. Anyway, that´s about all. Until next week!



Élder Coleman

No comments:

Post a Comment