Monday 27 January 2014

I spy with my little eye something that is....American?!

Dear Everyone,
This week we had a crazy miracle. We were at the church doing interviews and a man walks into the building and starts asking how he can meet with the missionaries. Apparently he had met with missionaries before, but had moved out of Palma to a pueblo and lost contact. So he decided to show up at the church and ask around for some missionaries to teach him. It turns out his pueblo is in our area and he is super excited to meet with us. He was really impressed with President Pace, and kept talking about how tall he was. So he asked if we had time right then, and since we had just finished our interviews we said alright. So he took us in his car all the way to his pueblo and had us teach him in his home. Turns out that he has been studying the Bible for years with his wife and has come to know that all the churches he has visited aren´t in line with what he has studied in the Bible. He loves our message though. We introduced the Book of Mormon and he took out a notepad and wrote notes on everything we said. At one point he said that he´ll probably have to join with us, and then he said he´d love to serve a mission. It was literally the biggest out of the blue miracle I´ve seen on my mission so far. It was amazing. So my mom asked me to describe some of the culture out here. Well, one thing I´ve seen is everyone wants to be American. I´ve seen every single kind of American you can possibly see. Every American basketball team, football team, I even saw a Vancouver Canucks hat. But no one knows who the teams are. They also listen to American music without knowing what it means. The European haircut is huge here. The men will have their hair really long on top and a lot shorter on the sides. That´s mostly the younger ones though. When people talk here, they get really close to you and touch you a lot. There is some really great food here, I´ve heard of, but haven´t tried yet. I´m excited to try paella sometime, which is a famous Spanish rice dish that everyone raves about. 

Here are a couple of other pictures from the cookout experience we had last week with a member family.


And this is a picture of a tiny truck.  We see them all over the place, there are lots of tiny vehicles over here.  It's so cute, I should pack one in my suitcase to bring home for my mom!  :)  It should fit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment