Monday 20 January 2014

BBQ--Spanish style!

Dear Everyone,

This week has been pretty slow. I have been sick pretty much all week off and on. I had to stay in for a day and I also rested a little bit another day. When we´ve been out and working, we´ve been doing our part by contacting people on the streets and knocking doors, but no one has listened to us. In Palma there are almost no houses. Everyone lives in pisos (apartments). To knock them, we usually ring the top floor and just say "nos abre" which means "open for us" and we typically get in within the first 2 floors that we ring, but this week we have been ringing entire buildings of 8 floors without anyone letting us in. We will continue doing our best and we hope this week will be more productive. Today we went camping in the morning with the Querolos, a family from the other branch, Levante (ours is Poniente). They took us to a little pueblo called Bunyola where there was a campsite and we roasted hot dogs and they cooked up chicken and ribs for us. We also got to through around a football. It was pretty fun and reminded me of being back home. I´ll attach a picture, but it´s not very good. I look really weird with the watermelon ball we have. Today is a holiday and everything´s closed in Palma, so we´ll have to buy our food tomorrow morning


From the left this is me with a weird grin on my face, Elder McMahon my companion, Elder Burnett and Elder Farah, the other Elders that we live with and the Querolos´daughter who just got back from a mini-mission in Bilbao.

No comments:

Post a Comment