Thursday 10 October 2013

Lessons in Humour and Patience--

So I have a pretty funny story to tell. Last P-day, I got a notice from the MTC Travel Office that said I had received my visa and I had to go to the main campus on October 7th at 1pm to pick it up. I also got travel plans saying I am going to fly out on Monday October 14, with one layover in New York on my way to Barcelona. So I got to the main campus on the 7th to collect my visa. I got into the room I was supposed to be in and there were a couple other missionaries going to Spain. Then this guy started talking to us about what we need to do. Apparently, he's appointed by Spain to be a Consul and is also a member of the Church and lives in Orem. So it was nice that I didn't have to go anywhere. He talked to us for about 2 hours about procedure at the airport and other stuff like that. Then he pulled out a stack of passports and started calling out names. He called everyone's name but mine. He then looked at my name tag and said "Elder Coleman! I know your name! You were in an email I got from the Spanish government" So apparently what happened was I got put on a list by the Spain government of missionaries who were approved for their visas, but then they emailed him the next day saying that my name wasn't supposed to be on there and it was just a typo. The Consul said it was the first time this had happened in his 5 years as a Consul for Spain. I was the only one that didn't get their visa that day. So what's going to happen is unless I get my visa in the next 2 days, I will be reassigned next week. Which means I will be staying at the MTC an extra week. Anyway, that's pretty much my news for the past week. Also, I really enjoyed all of the Conference talks this past weekend. I loved hearing the words of the prophet. I hope everyone is well. Talk to you next week, probably from the MTC still.

No comments:

Post a Comment