Tuesday 18 February 2014

Another miracle baptism!

This week we had a miracle. We had a baptism! Usually we commit people to baptism 2 weeks in advance so they can prepare and go to church a couple times, but this time we did something different. Adela is a friend of Maricarmen (a member) and she has been to church 2 or 3 times before in the past few weeks, but we haven´t had an opportunity to meet with her until this week. So on Monday after preparation day, we met with her and realized she was really prepared. We committed her to be baptized this Saturday and she agreed. She is wonderful. She reads the Book of Mormon every day and prays. When we taught her the Plan of Salvation, she cried tears of joy because she realized that her 2 sons that have died are not lost. She asked me to baptize her, and I included some pictures. She is from A Coruña, Spain and she is one of the nicest people I´ve met. Also, some news today. You might be wondering why I´m emailing on a Tuesday. It´s because of transfers! Elder McMahon left to serve in Barcelona. I´m staying here, and I´m getting a new companion. His name is Elder Oliveira, he´s from Brazil but he´s lived in Spain most of his life. I don´t know what he´s like because we´re going to pick him up from the airport tonight. He´ll be my first native-speaking companion though. And my first companion not from the US. I´m excited. 
Elder McMahon, me, Adela, and Maricarmen at Adela's baptism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment