Monday 4 November 2013

Trick or Treat?

I'm excited to hear about the things everyone is up to. I usually just print off long emails to read throughout the week, so I don't spend all my email time reading. I just got a call not longer than 5 minutes ago from the mission office. I got my visa!!! I'm going tomorrow at 7:15 in the morning to Orem to get my visa from the Consul, who I've already met the last time I had to get my visa. But I'm almost 100% sure this is the real deal because he told me last time that my situation is the first time he's seen Spain make a typo when they send the approved list to the Church. He was super surprised that it happened. So I doubt it would happen twice. Sister Winn from the office, who called me and told me I would be leaving tomorrow morning to get it said she thinks I will be leaving on Wednesday to Spain. She doesn't know for sure, but I hope so. I'm so ready to go. I have loved my time here though. I have had some great experiences. Speaking of experiences, I got to see Sister Lani Bascom on Temple Square during one of our lessons. There is a Jewish lady (who's getting baptized on the 16th) that we teach on Temple Square because it's near where she works. This last lesson we had with her, on the couches in the North Vistor's Center, Sister Bascom just walks in a door, and walks out another door. It was cool to see her, even if we didn't get to talk. I also had the opportunity of going to the Jordan River Temple on the 30th with the whole mission. That was enjoyable. I am learning so much Spanish and a lot more Portuguese than I was expecting. I am also surprised by just how many Brazilian people live in Salt Lake. There are so many. And they make great food. I'm a little sad to leave, but I am so excited for Spain. Hopefully the next email you get will be from Europe.

(I guess we'll have to watch and see whether this news about the visa is another trick, or a treat!)
Jordan River Temple

Missionary humour!

And this is how missionaries celebrate Halloween--by dressing up like old fashioned professors!  Wait, I mean, wearing orange and black!  Sorry, got confused.





This may be the last post from the US, but don't hold your breath (just in case)!  Nothing has been by the book, so why should any future travel plans be the exception?

No comments:

Post a Comment